Start Your Will Planning Process in North Bay
Laperriere Rochefort Professional Corporation/Societe Professionnelle are experts at will and estate planning in North Bay. Although there is no legal obligation to prepare a will, there are extremely good reasons for doing so, such as:
- Selecting the person who will look after your estate
- Deciding upon the beneficiaries of your estate
- Determining the appropriate age when your loved ones receive their inheritance
- Selecting guardians for your minor children
- Planning a proper succession of family cottages and business interests
- Creating trusts for disabled beneficiaries
- Establishing wishes for memorial services
Preparing a proper will is much more than simply filling out a form. A prudent lawyer will gain some familiarity with your personal and financial situation and guide you in making proper decisions about the transfer of your assets and the care of your loved ones.
Powers of Attorney
Powers of attorney are not just important for the disabled and elderly. In fact, most adults in Ontario should seriously consider the importance of having such documents, so as to be prepared in the event of unforeseen circumstances and future incapacity.
Having a proper power of attorney can avoid:
- Costly court proceedings
- Losing control of one’s assets
- Family disputes
- Business disputes
We are available to advise and assist you in preparing your powers of attorney. Call us today for more information.